This role is office/remote hybrid and located in Louisville.
What the Role Is
The Director, Business Solutions is responsible for working closely with the other business functions, acting as the point of contact for all IT activities with the other business functional leadership and users. This person will be responsible for implementing the approach to business relationship management and driving continuous improvement in our strategic technology portfolio. As the Director, Business Solutions, you will align Business and Information Technology strategies and priorities, define problems and opportunities to improve the performance and profitability of the company, plan technology projects and programs which address these opportunities to enhance business value, and help to deliver technology solutions and services to achieve the desired business outcomes. You will work closely with the business to gain in-depth understanding of business strategies, processes, services, roadmaps, and the context in which the business operates. You will also provide mentorship to the business regarding vendors and technical trends and analyze the total impact on the organization when making or facilitating project or program decisions. This role is key to understanding and detailing the capabilities needed to address business challenges. You and your team will define and implement metrics and other key performance indicators that identify the opportunities and the results of the solutions you champion.
How You Will Spend Your Time?
- Serve as the technology thought partner to the business functions across the company. Understands business strategies and directs the innovative use of related system functionality where appropriate.
- Effectively communicate and translate complex IT concepts into business narratives and measurable outcomes for our business teams.
- Develop a strong trust-based relationship with the business partners through listening and alignment of priorities resulting in the formulation and execution if strategies
- Directs the alignment of business strategies with the business application technology and roadmaps through the analysis, review of current and alternative business process approaches, and applications systems and technology alternatives.
- Align with business owners and stakeholders a business outcomes-based function roadmap for each business function.
- Establishes the systems strategy and roadmap of applications, enhancements, and change requests that drive a functional results roadmap.
- Develop cost projections, budgets/forecasts, and resource plans. Establish milestones and monitors adherence to master plans and schedules. Communicate project status and milestone reviews to Executive and senior leadership.
- Play an active role for the company’s enterprise resource planning (ERP) system re-implementation including as well as being the advocate for the business partners.
- Drive a performance-based culture through accountability, coaching and mentoring of direct reports, and providing regular feedback to foster leadership, strategic thinking, and business acumen.
- Perform other duties as required.
Who You Are…
- Bachelor’s degree in related field; and 10+ years of IT and/or consulting experience and/or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Minimum of 5 years’ experience managing and developing people is required.
- Minimum of 5 years’ experience leading large scale, complex enterprise programs
- Prior functional experience or exposure to a broad range of ecosystems including, but not limited to enterprise systems such as IFS, SAP, Salesforce, data analytics platforms, and Web applications.
- Strategic Orientation - Understand the business context in which the technology solutions are being developed and designed to ensure alignment with business and technology strategies.
- Results Orientation – Help deliver technology solutions focused on business outcome value with metrics of on time, within budget and ROI. Maintain a sense of urgency, delivering high-quality work in a highly dynamic environment.
- Creative solutioning – Draw on broad experience, industry expertise, and strong understanding of business operations to identify solutions which best fit Heaven Hill’s strategic and operational needs.
- Collaboration and Influencing - Build meaningful relationships across the enterprise. Skilled in communicating complex ideas and open to ideas from others. Proven sound decision-making process and ability to influence through strong interpersonal skills, underlined by superior judgment.
- Business Strategic Planning - Work with senior business leaders to better understand business challenges, strategic goals, and process improvement opportunities. Assist in the business planning and multi-year strategic planning process for the company.
- Team Leadership - Demonstrated strong leadership skills, signifying a passion for guiding and developing others and challenging his/her team to discover an improved way of delivering value. Attract and develop a highly skilled team. Acquire resources, set direction, and coordinate the efforts of team members and third-party contractors and consultants to deliver enterprise-wide projects. Flexibility in style to bring out the best in people with different backgrounds and working styles, while unifying them in purpose, role clarity, and expectations related to deliverables.
- Demonstrated ability to lead the development of complex portfolio strategies and leadership to help deliver on initiatives to drive key outcomes.
- Outstanding leadership skills including an innovative approach to problem-solving, and an integrated view of the business.
- Excellent verbal, written, and interpersonal communication skills
- Ability to influence, motivate, and manage direct reports, matrix reports, and cross-functional teams
- Ability to thrive in a fast-paced environment while remaining flexible, proactive, resourceful, and efficient.
- Ability to integrate cross-functional issues and balance competing priorities effectively
- Proven ability to communicate clearly and present key information objectively and collaborate effectively with management
- Demonstrated ability to clearly and concisely communicate/ prepare presentations for management
- Strong skills in dealing with and managing ambiguity
- Familiar with Project and Portfolio Management processes and application a plus
- Must be strategic while also detail-oriented; highly organized and thorough
- Outstanding ability to lead change using positive and collaborative methods
- Paid Vacation
- 11 Paid Holidays
- Health, Dental & Vision eligibility from day one
- 401K match
- Maternity/Paternity Leave