- Paid Vacation:
- After 6 months continuous service – 1 week
- 1 to 8 years of service – 2 weeks
- 9 to 14 years of service – 3 weeks
- 90% of your health insurance paid, eligibility after 90 days
- Dental, Vision & Life insurance
- 11 Paid Holidays
- 401K Match
- Paid Accident & Sickness Insurance
- Employee Assistance Program
What the Role Is
- The Class A CDL Utility Operator for the Barrel Warehouse and Cistern Room department is required to fill in when a vacancy occurs in any classification within the department.
- Schedule - 6:00am - 2:30pm Monday - Friday (Periodic overtime required)
- Hourly Pay - $25.84 - $28.84
How Will You Spend Your Time?
Responsibilities include, but are not limited to, filling in for the following (with brief descriptions of each):
- Truck Driver (requires class A CDL – drives semi and/or spotter truck, hauling van and tanker trailers. Van trailers are carried OTR to support the mobile crews/sites, while tanker trailers are only moved onsite, not OTR)
- Working Foreperson (leads and directs the warehouse team under direction of the supervisor, handles and fills out paperwork, scans barrels with handheld scanner, and responsible for locating and pulling the correct barrels on re-gauge shop order/s)
- Cooper (makes warehouse repairs such as: replacing worn out or broken: dunnages, posts, walk boards, cat walks, header beams, floor joists, stair treads/stringers, handrails, etc. Also required to make repairs to damaged barrels, replace heads, etc.)
- Utility/Pumper Operator (responsible for unloading and gauging tankers of distillate from distillery, cutting to barrel entry proof and staying ahead of the cistern room filling operators filling the barrels)
- Assistant Cistern Room Operator (unloads the empty barrels by hand, feeding the line to be filled, they assist the CRO with the change out of RFID tags, staples, wax ink, etc. They are also first responsible to back up the CRO (cistern room operator) in the event of a vacancy.)
- Cistern Room Operator (responsible for filling the barrels, recording tank changes, and counting of empty barrels per trailer/per supplier. Keeping the equipment running and changing out RFID tags, staples, wax ink, etc. – leads and directs the cistern room operation. When not operating in the cistern room, the CRO assumes the Working Foreperson role in the barrel warehouse.
- Barrel Warehouse Specialist (general laborer position; physical requirements to include: lifting, pushing, pulling, bending/stooping/twisting at the waist, walking/standing/climbing stairs up to 8 hours or more per day. Handling whiskey barrels more than 500 pounds or more, safely. Can be required to work in rotation, in all types of weather conditions. Must be able to load/unload, maneuver and operate equipment. To include safety harnessing and riding ricker in flat houses.)
- Additionally, any position in this department could at any point be required to work in the warehouse on any level 1st – 7th floor. Individuals with phobia or fear of heights not recommended.
Who You Are…
- High School Diploma or Equivalent
- Have a valid Class “A” CDL (Commercial Driver’s License) with no restrictions
- Successful completion of required TABE and Bennett Mechanical testing
- Must have two years of over the road driving experience
- No convictions for driving while intoxicated or under influence of drugs within the past 5 years
- No convictions for a "serious or disqualifying traffic violation" within the last three (3) years
- No more than four (4) moving violations in the past 36 months, and no more than two (2) moving violations in the previous 12 months
- Must be willing to provide DOT and MVR records to undergo review by a third-party insurer to validate insurability
- Due to additional requirements set forth by our insurance, candidate must be a minimum of 23 years old
Essential Skills & Experience: Knowledge of manufacturing and production work environment, excellent communication and problem-solving skills, must be highly motivated, energetic and reliable, stable and consistent work history that demonstrates a good work ethic, excellent attendance and the ability to produce a quality product safely
Work Environment & Physical Demands: Required to stand and/or sit for extended periods of time, walk, bend, reach and will be required to push, pull, roll, lift and assist with heading up barrels weighing up to 500 pounds.
Heaven Hill and its affiliates are committed to
fostering a diverse workforce as an Equal Employment Opportunity company. We
invite applications from candidates of all backgrounds, without regard to race,
religion, color, sex, sexual orientation, natural origin, gender identity or
expression, age, disability, veteran status or any other legally protected