This role is an Office Hybrid position, with a base location in Louisville or Bardstown, KY.
What the Role Is
The Director of Risk Management manages and ensures proper insurance coverage protecting the Company from the impact of potential losses of corporate assets.
How You Will Spend Your Time? (Responsibilities)
- Lead development of risk management strategy and objectives, implementing policies and procedures that align with the Company’s risk tolerance.
- Manage and lead all aspects of risk mitigation execution, including analyzing exposure data and loss information as well as preparing presentations that summarize the data for the renewal submission.
- Independently assess the impact of global insurance renewal options including negotiation of all facets of coverage, limits, and related pricing.
- Work with other areas of the business, with some overlap, to develop a framework and related strategies for managing business risks.
- Collaborate cross-functionally to develop a business continuity plans including drills and practice sessions.
- Measures financial impact of risk on Company along with mitigation strategies.
- Performs premium allocations and retrospective adjustments for ongoing and discontinued operations.
- Establish casualty reserve and insurance receivable requirements.
- Partner with IT Security team to create and maintain a security review identifying risks within Company systems and implement mitigation controls.
- Manage and oversee all claim related activities, including liaise with Legal on claim-related matters.
- Present annual risk management report, along with recommendations and related justifications to leadership.
- Oversee and administer certificate of insurance process.
- Manage property and casualty loss control issues.
- Prepare insurance applications and renewal market submission documentation for all lines of coverage during the annual insurance renewal process.
- Provide needed support and analysis during workers compensation auditing period
- Prepare ad hoc presentations to internal business units on insurance programs and exposures
- Maintain analysis of Alternative Risk Financing.
- Develop and update historical data on all programs and track receipt of billing and documentation related to program’s placement.
- Review contracts to ensure adequate protection and maintain documentation of evidence of coverages from counterparties meeting contractual minimums.
- Create and manage insurance budget.
- Coordinate all physical and virtual policy storage.
- Design, develop and implement methods and strategies to continually improve processes.
- Ensure key departmental processes are documented and updated routinely.
Who You Are… (Requirements & Qualifications)
- Bachelor’s degree in Risk Management, Finance, Accounting, Economics, or related field
- Minimum 8 years of related experience, preferably in insurance risk management
- Strongly Preferred - Industry Certifications: Associate Risk Management (ARM), Certified Risk Manager (CRM), Chartered Property Casualty Underwriter (CPCU), Certified Insurance Counselor (CIC)
- Proven leadership with experience working with key underwriters, brokers, and other service providers
- Strong analytic skills, including knowledge of accounting principles related to loss development and reserving practices
- Work independently as well as collaboratively in a team environment
- Excellent analytical, communication, and organizational skills
- Must possess strong leadership and problem-solving skills
- Ability to think ahead with strong attention to detail and accuracy
- Experience in a corporate risk management department, commercial insurance brokerage firm or related position.
- Ability to gather and analyze large quantities of data using various tools
- Ability to work through issues/problems and execute on deliverables
Valued but not required skills and experience:
- Experience in digital financial tools including Qlik or Tableau
- Experience with international risk management
- Advanced computer proficiency in Microsoft Word, Excel, and Outlook
- Previous experience in the distilled spirits industry
While performing duties of job, employee is occasionally required to stand; walk; use hands and fingers to handle, or feel objects, and use of computer; reach with hands and arms. Employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 10 pounds.
- Paid Vacation
- 11 Paid Holidays
- Health, Dental & Vision eligibility from day one
- 401K match
- Maternity/Paternity Leave