What the Role Is
We are seeking an IT Manufacturing Solutions Partner to be the primary interface between the Bottling Operations teams at our Bardstown Bottling plant and our IT team. You will architect, implement, and support digitization and automation projects using a mix of traditional and emerging technology to build unique solutions for our bottling operations. Your processing experience, enterprise solutions expertise, and automation skills will enable you to define and optimize production and management processes and align enterprise and control solutions to improve capabilities, resolve operational challenges, and improve distillery and liquid warehousing performance and quality. This requires focus from collecting data from the physical PLC-based control environment and digital signal (sensor) IoT networks, consolidation of this data for powering micro- and macro performance metrics and analytics.
How You Will Spend Your Time?
· Identify, define, and propose process improvement, digitization, integration to enterprise systems, and automation opportunities in bottling, warehousing, and order fulfillment operations.
· Design and define solutions in support of IT architecture, security, and partner strategy.
· Define business result improvements from these proposals, gain alignment from all stakeholders, and determine KPIs and other metrics that measure and validate impact
· Communicate and forecast IT capabilities to business leaders to influence decision making and strategy
· Lead projects to deliver these proposals in an agile style.
· Manage bottling plant data analytics projects
· Conduct diagnostics to identify data analytics use case opportunities
· Drive digital mindset and implement new technology in bottling operations at multiple sites
· Support creation of automated Power BI and Power Query reports, dashboards and visualization summaries for key stakeholders to easily understand and analyze results and trends
· Support local IT needs and interface with other aspects of IT
Who You Are…
· 5+ years of experience in process and digital improvement in CPG or assembly plant processes, equipment, and operations. Strong preference will be for candidates with distilled spirits industry experience
· Ability to identify, define, and articulate the benefit and structure of process improvement and technology solutions from a business value perspective
· Experience with Industrial Automation platforms (Programmable Logic Controllers (PLC), Distributed Control Systems (DCS), Supervisory Control and Data Acquisition (SCADA) and Process Historians (real-time database), specifically in retrieving, storing, and exploiting data from these environments for both local and enterprise consumption
· Knowledge in industrial sensor technology
· Experience deploying Cloud system solutions
· Proficiency in Industrial Networks Communication media and protocols
· Ability to configure, maintain and resolve centralized collection systems via high level communication protocols (e.g., OPC-UA/DA, MQTT)
· Strong critical thinking, analytical and problem-solving skills
· Exceptional interpersonal, team-building and communication skills
· Project Management skills (planning, tracking, KPI development)
· Robotics, Machine Vision, and Networking experience are a plus
· Programming knowledge and experience desired, i.e., Python, Java, C#, etc.
· Bachelor's degree in Engineering-related discipline or applicable experience
· Ability to travel up to 20%, including some international travel