This role is office hybrid with a base location in Louisville, Kentucky.
What the Role Is
The Associate Brand Manager will lead brand management for tactical brands which largely focuses on sales, production and financial management. Projects will include, but are not limited to, brand strategy and positioning, tactical marketing and sales program development and execution, including, point of sale, promotion, and packaging. This role also includes significant analysis of sales and industry data, as well as budgeting and tracking. Directly reports to a Senior Brand Manager as part of a bigger marketing brand team.
How You Will Spend Your Time?
- Gain a full understanding of the brands within the brand team portfolio and how they fit with the entire company portfolio
- Manage strategy development and brand positioning for tactical brands, including assessment of target audience opportunities, pricing and new product development
- Lead annual planning for each of the tactical brands, including analysis of past year performance and developing volume and profit forecasts and marketing plans for year ahead
- Work cross functionally with production organization to coordinate forecasting trends, special packaging and package changes.
- Work cross functionally with sales organization to develop pricing strategies, volume forecasts, trade spending budgets and to ensure successful implementation of programs
- Participates in and sometimes manages portfolio optimization efforts, product discontinuations, formula and package changes
- Manages creative development of promotional activity and point-of-sale items
Who You Are… (Requirements & Qualifications)
- Bachelor’s degree in Marketing, Management or related field
- Minimum 4 years marketing or brand/product management experience
- Excellent critical thinking skills - ability to effectively use resources to gather data and then use logic and reasoning to identify strengths and weaknesses of alternative solutions
- Analytical skills - ability to gather data from a wide variety of sources, and presenting it in formats suitable for a variety of audiences
- Strong organizational skills
- Excellent written communication skills including the ability to compose various types of communication such as social network posts, internal memos, email program recaps, email, etc.
- Excellent verbal communication and presentation skills to large and small audiences.
- High proficiency with Microsoft Office products, specifically Excel
- Ability to learn quickly and apply learning to tasks
- Ability to develop and maintain effective work relationships with internal and external contacts
- Capacity to travel as needed (approximately 15-20% of time)
Valued but not required:
- Experience in distilled spirits industry
While performing duties of job, employee is occasionally required to stand; walk; use hands and fingers to handle, or feel objects, and use computer; reach with hands and arms. Employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 10 pounds.
- Paid Vacation
- 11 Paid Holidays
- Health, Dental & Vision eligibility from day one
- 401K match
- Maternity/Paternity Leave