This role is onsite at our Bernheim Distillery in Louisville, KY.
What the Role Is
The Senior Buyer/Planner - Distillery Operations will be responsible for planning, directing, or coordinating the activities involved in purchasing materials, products, and services to ensure materials are available and services are aligned to meet planned deadlines. This position will examine existing procedures or opportunities for streamlining activities to meet product distribution needs involving the movement, storage, and processing of inventory.
How You Will Spend Your Time?
- Work collaboratively with Distillery Operations and supply chain leadership to develop and maintain programs and processes designed to ensure excellence
- Knowledgeable of commodity markets related to all Distillery materials
- Work with Accounting and FP & A to establish pricing and contracts for commodity materials
- Represent company in negotiating contracts and formulating policies with suppliers
- Locate vendors of materials or supplies, and interview them to determine product availability and terms of sales
- Assist in developing and implementing purchasing and contract management instructions, policies, and procedures
- Participate in the development of specifications for products or substitute materials
- Analyze market and delivery systems to assess present and future material availability
- Track receipts to contracted volumes to ensure quantities are aligned
- Resolve vendor or contractor grievances, and claims against suppliers
- Prepare and process requisitions, purchase orders, and forecast for multiple facilities to ensure production schedules are met
- Management of off-site inventories
- Coordinate cycle counts for responsible materials. Align processes to ensure inventory accuracy.
- Coordinating timely deliveries with suppliers and set delivery schedules
- Maintenance of IFS inventory items and planning parameters
- All activities related to the securing of product to meet the demands of operations including the maintenance of all financial/inventory systems.
- Stay up to date and educated on relative commodity markets providing guidance to determine buying options current and future.
Who You Are…
- Bachelor’s Degree in Supply Chain, Business Administration, related field or equivalent years of experience
- Minimum 7 years of Materials Management or Procurement work experience is preferred.
- Proficient computer skills with preferred experience utilizing enterprise resource planning software, inventory management software, and data base software
- Proven communication skills, both oral and written, with the ability to communicate with a variety of individuals and personalities at all levels of the organization, both internally and externally
- Strong analytical skills and logical thought processes, with the ability to identify and resolve complex issues/problems
- Must be able to perform all essential functions of the job, and successfully and simultaneously manage multiple tasks, often under strict deadlines
- Production and Processing — Knowledge of raw materials, production processes, and other techniques for maximizing the effective manufacture and distribution of goods
- Transportation — Knowledge of principles and methods for moving of goods by air, rail, sea, or road, including the relative costs and benefits
- Critical Thinking — Use logic and reasoning to identify the strengths and weaknesses of alternative solutions, conclusions or approaches to problems
- Coordination — Adjust actions in relation to others' actions
- Judgment and Decision Making — Considering the relative costs and benefits of potential actions to choose the most appropriate one
Valued but not required skills and experience:
- APICS Training Certification
- Advanced computer skills in Microsoft Office Products and Enterprise Resource Planning software
While performing duties of the job, employee is occasionally required to stand; walk; use hands and fingers to handle, or feel objects, and use computer; reach with hands and arms. Employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 50 pounds.
- Paid Vacation
- 11 Paid Holidays
- Health, Dental & Vision eligibility from day one
- 401K match
- Maternity/Paternity Leave
Heaven Hill and its affiliates are committed to
fostering a diverse workforce as an Equal Employment Opportunity company. We
invite applications from candidates of all backgrounds, without regard to race,
religion, color, sex, sexual orientation, natural origin, gender identity or
expression, age, disability, veteran status or any other legally protected