This role is an office hybrid role located in Louisville, Kentucky.
What the Role Is
The Brand Manager is responsible for strategy development, brand planning and marketing program development, including advertising, point of sale, public relations, new product development and packaging, for several core brands in a distilled spirit category(ies). This position includes significant analysis of sales and industry data and is directly responsible for the brand marketing budget and tracking. In this role, the Brand Manager will lead a small team and will report to a Senior Brand Manager, as part of a bigger marketing brand team.
How You Will Spend Your Time?
- Manage strategy development and brand positioning for focus brands, including assessment of target audience opportunities, pricing and new product development
- Lead annual planning for each of the focus brands, including analysis of past year performance and developing volume and profit forecasts and marketing plans for year ahead
- Manage volume, profit and budget performance throughout the year, making plan adjustments as necessary
- Manage and develop team of Assistant Brand Managers (1-2) and/or Brand Specialist (0-1), including hiring and conducting performance reviews
- Work with outside agencies, sponsorship vendors, and internal creative services team to develop advertising and public relations strategies and plans, including development of advertising campaigns, media schedules, sponsorships, sweepstakes, web design and digital activation and point of sale.
- Work cross functionally with sales organization to develop pricing strategies, volume forecasts, trade spending budgets and to ensure successful implementation of programs
- Work cross functionally with production organization to coordinate forecasting trends, new product development, and special packaging and package changes.
- Initiate market research studies and analyze their findings
- Coordinate and/or participate in major promotional activities, sponsorships and trade shows
Who You Are… (Requirements & Qualifications)
- Master’s degree in Business Administration and/or a minimum of 4 years in a spirits marketing role
- People management experience
- Consumer packaged goods product marketing experience
- Strong leadership and organizational skills
- Strong oral presentation and written communication skills
- Excellent critical thinking and analytical skills, with an ability to synthesize data from multiple sources, using logic and creative reasoning to identify the strengths and weaknesses of alternative solutions, conclusions or approaches to problems
- Distilled spirits industry knowledge, including knowledge of the three tier system, industry trends and growth factors
- High proficiency using Excel as well as expertise in other Microsoft Suite programs
- Ability to develop and maintain effective work relationships with internal and external contacts
Valued but not Required Skills and Experience:
- 2-3 years marketing experience in the beverage alcohol industry
Physical demands: While performing duties of job, employee is occasionally required to stand; walk; use hands and fingers to handle, or feel objects, and use of computer; reach with hands and arms. Employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 10 pounds.
- Paid Vacation
- 11 Paid Holidays
- Health, Dental & Vision eligibility from day one
- 401K match
- Maternity/Paternity Leave