This role is remote and the ideal candidate will reside in Kansas City, MO.
What the Role Is
The Market Manager will be responsible for the execution of company on-and off-premise strategic initiatives in the Kansas and Missouri markets. This individual will execute at the field level and will require the ability to evaluate, implement, and execute such programs within our brand strategies. Additionally, the successful candidate will lead, direct, train, and manage local distributor sales teams.
How You Will Spend Your Time?
- Managing distributors on a day-to-day basis, ensuring adherence to our brand policies, distribution objectives are achieved, and promotional activity is taking place
- Training distributor salespeople, observing competitive market activity, and evaluating distributor execution against our initiatives
- Supporting Regional Manager-Direct report
- Meet with key on-and off- premise accounts within assigned area to develop strong working relationships
- Present and leverage our brands for increased volume and assist distributor in attaining our goals and objectives
- Be visible at the distributor office, meeting with sales representatives and management to ensure share of mind
- Align with key local events and participate where the opportunity fits our strategy, including execution of national initiatives in your local market
- Act as primary contact for distributor sales teams to ensure they are informed of local and national objectives and programs while providing support for all sales related activities
- Execute product seminars at accounts and with the distributor sales teams
- Provide National Account Mandate compliance updates as they are required
- Stay informed of customer and consumer trends
- Maintain calendar of activities and promotions ensuring distributor and third-party agencies have successful communications – manage third party promotional company activity - execute brand trainings with staff
- Provide monthly market activity report to Regional Manager, including list of objectives, accomplishments, competitive activity, special projects and/or any specific needs
- Provide market and competitive brand updates to supervisor, including timely and accurate communication of changing field conditions that may affect volumes, as well as staffing changes at distributor and competitors
- Review programs and execution updates with distributor management
- Provide feedback on effectiveness of marketing and sales initiatives including programs, POS, advertising, etc.
- Special projects such as verifying pricing and or distribution at on-and off- premise accounts
Who You Are…
- Bachelor’s degree in Business Administration, Management, Marketing or related field
- Five (5) plus years’ work-related experience in distilled spirits/wine supplier industry
- Analytical skills, in particular gathering data from a wide variety of sources, and presenting it in formats suitable for a wide variety of audiences
- Sales and Marketing — Knowledge of principles and methods for showing, promoting, and selling products or services. This includes marketing strategy and tactics, product demonstration, sales techniques, and sales control systems
- Good managerial and effective presentation skills
- Strong oral and written communication skills
- Excellent interpersonal skills
- Proficient using Microsoft Office including Microsoft Word, Excel, and PowerPoint
While performing duties of job, employee is occasionally required to stand; walk; use hands and fingers to handle, or feel objects, and use of computer; reach with hands and arms. Employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 20 pounds.
- Paid Vacation
- 11 Paid Holidays
- Health, Dental & Vision eligibility from day one
- 401K match
- Maternity/Paternity Leave
Heaven Hill and its affiliates are committed to
fostering a diverse workforce as an Equal Employment Opportunity company. We
invite applications from candidates of all backgrounds, without regard to race,
religion, color, sex, sexual orientation, natural origin, gender identity or
expression, age, disability, veteran status or any other legally protected