This role is an office hybrid working out of Louisville, KY location.
What the Role Is (Description)
The Director, Corporate Accounting provides advice to management as well as the executive team as to both current and future financial operations. The position leads the corporate accounting team to deliver timely and accurate data to the business and other stakeholders, which is necessary to enhance the data-informed decision-making process of the company and its employees.
How You Will Spend Your Time? (Responsibilities)
- Responsible for all aspects of the corporate accounting and reporting functions
- Lead, coach, train, and develop corporate accounting department
- Ensure proper allocation of resources
- Build cross-functional collaboration
- Foster better ownership of process throughout the organization
- Partner with FP&A and other departments to analyze drivers of results
- Direct oversight and responsibility for corporate accounting, including accounts payable, payroll and accounts receivable
- Oversee preparation of monthly and ad hoc reporting
- Ensure reporting systems accumulate, aggregate, and present data correctly
- Partner with IT and FP&A to document and validate allocations of expenses within ERP and reporting systems
- Confirm monthly reconciliation of data sources to drive “one source of the truth”
- Perform consolidation of financial results across the corporation
- Monitors and analyzes monthly financials for variances and provides explanations or corrections when needed
- Identify process improvements and lead process for change – challenge the status quo
- Work closely with plant controller to ensure that all financial transactions and reporting are complete and accurate in a timely manner.
- Business partner for management, operations, engineering, and other relevant functional leaders, providing important information and analysis to drive decision making.
- Oversee internal and external financial audits and assist plant controller operational audits
- Responsible for implementing and monitoring financial controls
- Maintains sufficient familiarity with data processing systems to identify problems, initiate corrective actions, provide staff training, generate necessary reports, and provide assistance with projects as assigned.
Who You Are… (Requirements & Qualifications)
- Excellent analytical, communication, and organizational skills
- Mature interpersonal skills with the ability to instruct teams and collaborate cross-functionally
- Experience and understanding of GAAP and IFRS
- Strategic thinker with focus given to drive forward process improvement and positive change
- Proficient computer skills with experience using an ERP, reporting solution(s), Microsoft Outlook, Word, and Excel
- Ability to prioritize, multi-task and meet competing deadlines
- Ability to work overtime as required
Valued but not Required Skills and Experience:
- Experience with IFS (ERP system)
- Advanced computer skills
- Experience in the distilled spirits industry or other CPG/manufacturing industry
- Paid Vacation
- 11 Paid Holidays
- Health, Dental & Vision eligibility from day one
- 401K match
- Maternity/Paternity Leave