What the Role Is
Management and execution of trade and local communications efforts, including media relations, for an extensive portfolio of spirits brands which help promote corporate and brand identity.
How You Will Spend Your Time?
- Planning and coordination of branded trade media relations, identifying and developing trade media relationships with writers and editors throughout the country. Particular focus on non-whiskey portfolio and visitors centers across Louisville, Bardstown and Austin.
- Plan and execute local public relations efforts, including event management, coordinating media opportunities, and serving as company spokesperson when needed
- Establish or maintain cooperative relationships with representatives of trade media, consumers, employees or other stakeholders
- Write, distribute and manage follow up for branded press releases
- Development and management of trade communications pieces for writers and media including background documents for brands and company, media kits, and interview prep documents
- Coordination and execution of brand awards process
- Maintenance of external communications files, media lists, databases and materials
- Assist with strategy and coordination for corporate communications programs
- Coordinate and align across corporate social media channels
- Support additional external communications efforts, including public relations, presentation support, speaker prep, and message documents.
Who You Are…
- Experience of day-to-day media relations, both proactive and reactive, covering corporate and brand communications
- Bachelor’s Degree in Communications, Public Relations, or Marketing
- two - four (2-4) years work-related experience
- Experience of developing and executing effective strategies and related execution plans for corporate and brand communications
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
- Knowledge of media production, communication, and dissemination techniques and methods including alternative ways to inform and entertain via written, oral, and visual media
- Knowledge of the structure and content of the English language including the meaning and spelling of words, rules of composition, and grammar
- Knowledge of administrative and clerical procedures and systems such as word processing, managing files and records, designing forms, and other office procedures and terminology
- Ability to handle multiple tasks on deadline, and a desire and ability to work in a team environment.
- Knowledge of document management, graphics or photo imaging software and web page creation and editing software
- Demonstrated ability to effectively manage time, prioritize tasks, work independently and maintain confidentiality
- Natural disposition to work with urgency and limited guidance from your supervisor.
- Comfortable working remotely, or with team members who are remote
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office applications (Word, Excel, Outlook, PowerPoint)
- Previous experience in a public relations agency or in-house public relations team for a corporate brand
Reporting to this Position: N/A
Physical demands and work environment: The physical demands and work environment characteristics described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job.
- Physical demands: While performing duties of job, employee is occasionally required to stand; walk; use hands and fingers to handle, or feel objects, and use of computer; reach with hands and arms. Employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 10 pounds.