This role is located in Louisville, KY out of our corporate headquarters.
What the Role Is
The Vice President, Communications & Corporate Citizenship, reporting to the Chief Marketing Officer, leads internal and external communications as well as corporate citizenship, and consumer relations. This position leads the strategy and management of communications activities, guiding messaging to and engagement with all key stakeholders locally, nationally, and internationally. This includes message development, delivery strategy, media relations, and beyond. The Vice President, Communications and Corporate Citizenship also guides the strategy and management for all Corporate Citizenship activities and programs, including those related to community relations, philanthropy, and DEI. Additionally, this position collaborates with sales and marketing leaders to set and execute the organization’s bartender relations strategy.
How You Will Spend Your Time?
- Oversee external communications team and outside agency partners in the development and approval of all communications, including both strategic and opportunistic pitches as well as responses to media inquiries and trending topics.
- Serve as a strategic adviser on all matters of communications, public relations, and external relations to leaders throughout the organization
- Partner with company executives to prepare for industry and other speaking engagements and interviews.
- Collaborate cross-functionally to ensure strategies and message points are consistent with corporate branding and core values.
- Develop and maintain relationships with external influencers across communications channels, including local media, national trade and related media, and bartender community.
- Help identify opportunities and oversee messaging development that leverages the company’s history and growth strategies
- Lead external communications efforts in response to crisis situations that affect organizational perception and reputation
- Oversee company’s bartender advocacy strategy and engagement at the corporate level
- Develop and manage program for shareholder communications and engagement.
- Oversee consumer relations function
- Lead the Internal Communications function and team, ensuring critical messages related to strategic initiatives effectively reach the appropriate employee segments in a timely manner
- Establish overall vision and standards for internal communications to ensure employee base is consistently informed and connected to the organization, driving employee engagement, culture and action / behavior as needed
- Establish best practices for internal communication, using both traditional and innovative vehicles, including intranet, videos, digital screens, presentations, global town halls, etc.
- Support management team in preparing and delivering key employee communications
- Draft memos, emails, and other communications on behalf of the senior executive team, including the Co-Presidents
- Establish a vision for social impact programs, including community relations across all company locations, DEI (diversity, equity, and inclusion), and philanthropy
- Guide the development of strategy, budget, and implementation of Corporate Citizenship efforts, including annual philanthropy commitments and programs
Who You Are…
- Bachelor’s Degree in Communications, Public Relations, or Marketing and 12+ years work-related experience
- Ability to multitask in a fast-paced environment, providing strategic direction and feedback to stakeholders in a timely manner
- Experience in leading and managing the technical and leadership skills of Communications team members and support their professional growth and development
- Exceptional writing and communication skills
- Knowledge of media production, communication, and dissemination techniques and methods including alternative ways to inform via written, oral, digital and visual media
- Ability to handle multiple tasks on deadline, and a desire and ability to work in a team environment.
- Paid Vacation
- 11 Paid Holidays
- Health, Dental & Vision eligibility from day one
- 401K match
- Maternity/Paternity Leave