This role is based out of our Louisville, KY office.
What the Role Is
The ERP Implementation Project Manager will manage the entire project lifecycle of a major re-implementation of our ERP ecosystem, from project definition through implementation and post-implementation support. The scope of this project includes the transition to the new ERP platform itself (IFS Cloud) as well as the associated development of required custom functionality, reporting, interfaces, and other applications and middleware to replace previous customizations and other end-of-life business systems which comprise the enterprise systems environment. The person in this role will be accountable for ensuring the project meets agreed upon scope, cost, schedule, and quality measures. This position will report to the Director of Business Solutions, who will be the overall project leader.
How You Will Spend Your Time?
- Manage the engagement of and delivery by multiple stakeholders, including third parties
- Develop, track, and manage detailed project timelines, milestones, and critical paths to ensure on time delivery and quality
- Manage and track detailed project budget
- Establish effective communication plan with project team and key stakeholders
- Provide day-to-day direction to project resources
- Ensure effective change management throughout the course of the project
- Identify, manage, and drive mitigation of project risks
- Prepare and publish documentation, status reporting and project financial performance
- Act as primary day to day liaison between the implementation partners and the internal project team
- Prepare detailed specifications and other documentation required from which vendor systems and capabilities are procured or configured
- Facilitate User Acceptance Testing
- Oversee Training Planning and Activities
- Plan and lead production cutover and Post Go-Live Support
- Own and maintain project documentation and organization (charter, deliverables, contact list, risk register, etc.)
- This role requires excellent oral and written communications, interpersonal, negotiation, project planning, judgment, leadership, decision-making, analysis, and problem-solving skills.
Who You Are…
- Bachelor's degree or equivalent experience and 3 years relevant project management experience
- Previous leadership of at least one company wide ERP implementation or similar large scale, multiyear cross functional systems integration and implementation project
- Demonstrated software development management experience
- Ability to understand and work with complex and challenging business processes and technical environments
- Demonstrated aptitude to learn quickly, communicate ideas effectively, define and direct team efforts, and utilize flexibility and creativity to present a variety of solutions
- Strong ownership ethic; Track record of successful negotiation and relationship management skills
- Strong leadership traits and a hands-on team player
- Strong quantitative and problem-solving skills and proactive communicator
- Ability to quickly understand complex issues and look beyond the obvious for solutions
- Superior interpersonal and communication skills. Proven ability to work successfully within and across teams. Ability to build relationships at all levels in the organization.
- Ability to work through high levels of ambiguity and competing priorities
- Knowledge of integrated applications/systems and development/management of project plans with significant cross dependencies
- Ability to manage many disparate system projects simultaneously
- Exposure to managing projects with infrastructure/hosting/cloud platform element
- Paid Vacation
- 11 Paid Holidays
- Health, Dental & Vision eligibility from day one
- 401K match
- Maternity/Paternity Leave