What the Role Is
The Data Engineer, reporting to the Director of Data Science, will build and manage data pipelines from both primary external and internal sources into a central data repository, and from there to usable, business facing, enterprise ready data sources for consumption. They will also provide database administration and optimization in collaboration with the Senior Data Engineer. Heaven Hill is undergoing a digital transformation where data and analytics will play an even more critical role in how the business works. This position will be a key piece of this transformative work.
How You Will Spend Your Time?
- Enterprise Ready Data Sources
- The data strategy in place is to curate enterprise ready data sources for consumption by PowerBI for self-service analytics in the business, as well as ingestion in data science work flows and shiny applications.
- Data Pipelines (ETL)
- Write data pipelines from external and internal data sources into a central data location (data lake) using SQL, R, and or Python.
- Help us transition to a well-documented, transparent, and fully reproducible ETL environment driven by notebook (code + text) code.
- Write data pipelines from data lake to enterprise ready data sources for consumption by web apps, data scientists, and analyst professionals.
- Work with transparency, best practices, and documentation as guiding principles.
Who You Are…
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science or related field, or may substitute equivalent experience for educational requirement.
- 2 + year(s) of experience with creating and managing data pipelines (ETL).
- 2 + year(s) of experience with database administration (SQL, Oracle)
- Transition: Knowledge of MS SQL Server, SQL, Reporting Services, Analysis Services, and Integration Services
- Programming languages: SQL
- An attitude of continuous improvement and learning
- A team player with excellent interpersonal skills
- R and Python experience
- Familiarity with PowerBI
- Familiarity with R Shiny Applications
- Understanding of the RStudio Team set of applications