This role is an office hybrid and the ideal candidate will reside in the Greater Louisville area.
What the Role Is
The Network Administrator will be responsible for design and install of LANs, WANs, Internet/Intranet systems, and network segments, as well as understanding how to connect devices to form a fast, efficient, and available network. This individual will be responsible for day-to-day operational tasks including proactive maintenance, management, performance monitoring, incident and problem management, security, backup, and recovery across the Network infrastructure. This position will report to the Director of IT Operations.
How You Will Spend Your Time?
- Design, install, configure, and maintain Cisco, Ruckus, and Fortinet hardware
- Troubleshoot and resolve network issues
- Monitor network performance and security
- Maintain network documentation and create new when required
- Perform network performance tuning and optimization
- Work with the IT Security team to implement network security policies
- Work with other groups within IT to assist with troubleshooting and resolution
- Provide technical support to end users when required
- Ensure compliance with industry standards and best practices
- Assist with the implementation and support of all network-related projects
- Perform network address assignment
- Assign routing protocols and routing table configuration
- Assign configuration of authentication and authorization of directory services
- Maintain network resources such as VPN gateways
- Perform patching for feature updates and to guard against security vulnerabilities
- Maintain current configuration backups and test restores as needed
Who You Are…
- High School Diploma / GED Equivalent required; Bachelor's Degree in Computer Science or related field preferred
- Cisco Certified Network Associate Certification (CCNA)
- Formal networking education and/or certification or equivalent experience
- Experience managing Microsoft and *nix servers and technologies
- Knowledge and comfort with using Cisco IOS as a CLI
- Experienced setting up multi-site networks, VPNs, IPSec, Routing, etc.
- Skilled with Problem Solving and Critical Thinking- having the ability to review multiple sources of data and draw conclusions for actionable results
- Willingness to stay up-to-date technically and apply new knowledge to your job
- Excellent time management and organizational skills
- Strong interpersonal skills and desire to work in a team environment
Valued but Not Required Skills and Experience:
- Cisco Certified Network Professional (CCNP)
- Knowledge and comfort with using Fortinet CLI
While performing duties of job, employee is occasionally required to stand; walk; use hands and fingers to handle, or feel objects, and use of computer; reach with hands and arms. Employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 50 pounds.
- Paid Vacation
- 11 Paid Holidays
- Health, Dental & Vision eligibility from day one
- 401K match
- Maternity/Paternity Leave