What the Role Is
We are seeking an IT Distillery Solutions Partner to be the primary interface between Distillery Operations teams across all our distillery locations. You will architect, implement, and support digitization and automation projects using a mix of traditional and emerging technology to build unique solutions for our distillery operations. Your processing experience, enterprise solutions expertise, and automation skills will enable you to define and optimize production and management processes and align enterprise and control solutions to improve capabilities, resolve operational challenges, and strengthen distillery and liquid warehousing performance and quality. This requires focus on collecting data from the physical PLC-based control environment and digital signal (sensor) IoT networks, consolidating this data for powering micro-and macro performance metrics and analytics.
How You Will Spend Your Time?
- Identify, define, and propose process improvement, digitization, integration to enterprise systems, and automation opportunities in bottling, warehousing, and order fulfillment operations.
- Define business result improvements from these proposals, gain alignment from all stakeholders, and determine KPIs and other metrics that measure and validate the impact
- Communicate and forecast IT capabilities to business leaders to influence decision-making and strategy
- Lead projects to deliver these proposals in an agile style.
- Apply a structured methodology and lead change management activities
- Design and define solutions supporting IT architecture, security, and partner strategy.
- Manage bottling plant data analytics projects
- Conduct diagnostics to identify data analytics use case opportunities
- Drive a digital mindset and implement new technology in distillery operations at multiple sites
- Support creation of automated Power BI and Power Query reports, dashboards, and visualization summaries for critical stakeholders to quickly understand and analyze results and trends
- Support local IT needs and interface with other aspects of IT
Who You Are…
- Bachelor's degree in Chemical Engineering or related discipline or applicable experience or MBA
- 7+ years of experience in process and/or digital improvement in CPG or assembly plant processes, equipment, and operations. Strong preference will be for candidates with distilled spirits industry experience
- Project Management skills (planning, tracking, KPI development)
- Knowledge of industrial sensor technology
- Strong critical thinking, analytical and problem-solving skills
- Exceptional interpersonal, team-building, and communication skills
- Ability to identify, define, and articulate the benefit and structure of process improvement and technology solutions from a business value perspective
- Preferred but not required; Experience with Industrial Automation platforms (Programmable Logic Controllers (PLC), Distributed Control Systems (DCS), Supervisory Control and Data Acquisition (SCADA), and Process Historians (real-time database), specifically in retrieving, storing, and exploiting data from these environments for both local and enterprise consumptions
- Robotics, Machine Vision, and Networking experience are a plus
- Ability to travel up to 20%, including some international travel