This role is on-site at our Bardstown, KY location.
What the Role Is
The 2nd Shift Bottling Supervisor will directly supervise and coordinate the activities of production and operating employees, such as label machine operators, case packers, plant, and system operators. This position will be responsible for implementing and managing daily production activities including Safety, Quality, Good Manufacturing Practices and Continuous Improvement initiatives to ensure plant goals and objectives are achieved.
How You Will Spend Your Time?
- Manage and lead the daily activities of team members in the production of high-quality distilled spirits products
- Ensure safety compliance to OSHA and company guidelines
- Confer with other supervisors to coordinate operations and activities within or between departments
- Inspect materials, products, or equipment to detect defects or malfunctions
- Coach and provide technical expertise to team members
- Conduct employee training in equipment operations, or assign employee training to experienced workers
- Ensure efficient production operation during shift
- Coordinate production startups, shutdowns, and changeovers
- Schedule and conduct communication meetings with team members
- Support and emphasize Key Performance Indicators of productivity, safety, quality, and 5S and make decisions concerning these commitments
- Lead by example and hold employees accountable for work practices that support organizational goals and objectives
- Responsible for shift schedule to include: work assignments, employee training, employee vacations, employee breaks, overtime assignment, and accurate recording of employees' time and attendance
Who You Are… (Requirements & Qualifications)
- Bachelor’s Degree in Business or related field, or equivalent years of supervisory experience in a production/manufacturing environment
- 2-4 years of prior supervisory experience in a manufacturing environment
- Possess strong leadership and problem-solving skills with the ability to lead effectively in a manufacturing environment
- Strong teamwork approach with employees and departments
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Strong interpersonal skills
- Excellent computer skills with proficiency in Microsoft Word, Excel, and PowerPoint
Valued but not Required Skills and Experience:
- Advanced computer proficiency in Microsoft Word, Excel, and PowerPoint
- Distilled spirits bottling industry experience preferred
While performing duties of job, employee is required to stand for extended periods, up to 8 hours per day; walk; use hands and fingers to handle, or feel objects, and use of computer; reach with hands and arms. Employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 50 pounds.
- Paid Vacation
- 11 Paid Holidays
- Health, Dental & Vision eligibility from day one
- 401K match
- Maternity/Paternity Leave