This role is office hybrid with a base location in Louisville, Kentucky.
What the Role Is
The Assistant Brand Manager works closely with the brand teams and visitor center leadership groups and is responsible for marketing the Heaven Hill Bourbon Experience as a premier leisure destination in the Louisville and key regional areas. The position will concentrate on various aspects of marketing, including new product development, promotion development, social media, digital marketing, large-format advertising, public relations, and special events. This role also has oversight of the marketing budget for the Heaven Hill Bourbon Experience and includes analysis of sales and industry data. The position will work collaboratively with the brand team, corporate communications, corporate events, creative services, and agency partners to meet and exceed sales and profit objectives of the Heaven Hill Bourbon Experience. The Assistant Brand Manager directly reports to the Senior Brand Manager as part of a bigger marketing brand team.
How You Will Spend Your Time?
- Gain a full understanding of the brands within the brand team portfolio and how they fit with the entire company portfolio
- Build, track and expend a Marketing budget, monitoring the overall usage among the various functions
- Create, in conjunction with the brand team and visitor center leadership team, a strategic marketing plan for the Heaven Hill Bourbon Experience
- Facilitate and assist in annual Visitor Center planning, helping to deep dive into certain areas
- Develop and execute all new American Whiskey products for the Heaven Hill Bourbon Experience, helping to innovate annual editions and ensuring available supply of visitor center exclusive bottlings
- Liaise with internal departments and external agencies to ensure full communication and success of marketing plans and on the development of advertising and promotional materials
- Manage and execute all advertising for the visitor center from print and digital to large-format advertising
- Manage the social media marketing and digital programs and content development for the Heaven Hill Bourbon Experience
- Consistently monitors promotional and product performance, adjusting plans as necessary to meet financial goals of the Heaven Hill Bourbon Experience
- Knowledge and understanding of the overall P&L for the visitor center, including profit margins for product development and how the marketing budget relates to the overall sales and profit goals
Who You Are…
- Bachelor’s Degree in Business Administration, Marketing, or related field
- 1-3 years direct marketing or related internship experience
- Project management experience required
- Excellent critical thinking skills, using logic and reasoning to identify the strengths and weaknesses of alternative solutions, conclusions, or approaches to problems, as well as analysis and synthesis from multiple data sources
- Analytical skills, in particular gathering data from a wide variety of sources, and presenting it in formats suitable for a wide variety of audiences
- Strong project management experience, organizational skills, and resourcefulness
- Ability to learn quickly and apply learning to tasks
- Ability to develop and maintain effective work relationships with internal and external contacts
- Ability to prioritize and juggle multiple competing priorities at once
- Excellent written communication skills including the ability to compose all communication such as social network posts, project reports, program recaps, etc.
- Excellent verbal communication skills and presentation skills
- High proficiency using Excel and PowerPoint as well as expertise in using software such as Word and Outlook
- Capacity to travel as needed (approximately 10-15% of time)
Valued but not Required Skills and Experience:
- Tourism or hospitality background
- Experience in distilled spirits industry
- Understanding of social media platforms including Facebook, Instagram, Twitter, and Snapchat
- Experience in developing and/or executing multi-cultural marketing strategies
While performing duties of job, employee is occasionally required to stand; walk; use hands and fingers to handle, or feel objects, and use of computer; reach with hands and arms. Employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 10 pounds.
- Paid Vacation
- 11 Paid Holidays
- Health, Dental & Vision eligibility from day one
- 401K match
- Maternity/Paternity Leave