This role is located in Bardstown, Kentucky.
What the Role Is
The Yard Inventory Supervisor will provide leadership and direction to a team of employees supplying on-site bottling materials to the production areas. The scope of the role is to monitor and improve the value stream of trailers and raw materials as they enter Bardstown. This role will include off-site trailer and material coordination along with the flow of empty glass to and from the bottling plant and the bottling lines. This role includes supporting and developing team members, focusing, and facilitating continuous improvement, and leading change. Additionally, he/she must understand and interpret business objectives and transfer the information to appropriate people across the organization to ensure company goals and objectives are achieved.
How You Will Spend Your Time?
- Responsible for all elements of the Heaven Hill Production System in a natural work team.
- Utilizes visual management to monitor effectiveness and efficiency of the assigned area
- Leads his/her natural work team in identifying abnormalities and executing continuous improvement strategies and problem-solving activities to achieve desired results; Meet Supply Chain objectives
- Act as a change agent assisting in driving cultural transformation through the daily practice of Spirited Commitment.
- Manage the value stream of incoming trailers and materials to support production and supply chain on all shifts across multiple locations.
- Maintains safe and clean work environment by educating and directing employees on the use of all Personal Protective Equipment, control points, equipment, and resources; maintains compliance to OSHA and company policies and procedures
- Collaborates with teammates on multiple shifts to ensure efficient production startups, shutdowns, and supply chain flow at the bottling facility.
- Lead and support continuous improvement activities, participating in problem solving teams and other continuous improvement initiatives
- Supports a Continuous Improvement work environment by monitoring steps of the process; setting processing variables; monitoring resources; studying methods; implementing cost reductions; developing reporting procedures and systems;
- Provides manufacturing information by compiling, initiating, sorting, and analyzing production performance records and data, answering questions and responding to requests
- Resolves problems by analyzing data; investigating issues; identifying solutions; recommending action
- Maintains working relationship with the union by working collaboratively and following the terms of the collective bargaining agreement
- Confer with other supervisors to coordinate operations and activities within or between departments
- Schedule and conduct communication meetings with team members
- Lead by example and hold employees accountable for work practices that support organizational goals and objectives
Who You Are…
- Possess strong leadership and problem-solving skills with the ability to lead effectively in a union environment
- Knowledge of supply chain and logistic methodologies, techniques, and equipment
- Strong teamwork approach with employees and departments
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Strong interpersonal skills
- A highly motivated team player who contributes to and creates an atmosphere in which people collaborative, enthusiastically and effectively produce results
- Must be flexible with the ability to adapt, change and grow
- Excellent attention to detail
- Excellent computer skills with a proficiency in Microsoft Word, Excel, and PowerPoint
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills
- One year of Inventory Management System (IMS) experience
Physical Demands and Work Environment: The physical demands and work environment characteristics described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job.
- Physical Demands: While performing duties of job, employee is required to stand; walk; use hands and fingers to handle, or feel objects, and use of computer; reach with hands and arms. Employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 50 pounds. Must be able to withstand variable temperature environment.
- Paid Vacation
- 11 Paid Holidays
- Health, Dental & Vision eligibility from day one
- 401K match
- Maternity/Paternity Leave