What the Role Is
The Senior Manager, Talent Acquisition will lead a small team of recruiters, sourcers and a coordinator in pursuit of hiring goals for Heaven Hill. You will manage and mentor the team through sourcing, presentation, selection, negotiation, closing and onboarding candidates. You will also lead the design, implementation, and ongoing evaluation of strategies in sourcing, hiring, and onboarding diverse talent. This position will drive the development of a data-informed Talent Acquisition function leveraging innovative systems, methodologies, and best practices to enhance effectiveness.
How You Will Spend Your Time?
- You will provide subject matter expertise in leading programs including internship & early career programs, diverse pipeline development, employee referrals, employer branding, candidate assessment tools and onboarding and engagement. At the current stage of organizational development, this position will carry a requisition load focused on mid-senior and senior positions across the business.
- Build and develop a high performing and engaged team that effectively sources diverse talent to meet business needs.
- Develop and execute recruiting strategies that integrate our Culture Code to identify and acquire top diverse talent enabling Heaven Hill business growth, vision, and mission.
- Lead global Diversity and Inclusion recruiting strategies, partnering with the DEI taskforce.
- Partner with business executives, leaders, and all areas of HR to understand business needs, develop outreach strategy, grow talent pipelines, and source for key positions within the company.
- Build and maintain talent maps and pipelines for current and future hiring needs, and spearhead full-lifecycle searches for mid-senior and senior level hires.
- As needed, help the team interview prospective candidates, manage candidate communications, facilitate compensation negotiations, make offers and manage the closing process of candidates.
- Develop and foster strong relationships with external community and professional groups locally and nationally, focused on improving diversity representation and inclusive workplace cultures.
- Develop and manage vendor relationships with talent agencies and employer branding vendors (e.g. LinkedIn,Breezy).
- Own and manage budget associated with Talent Acquisition (i.e. job boards, agency spend, contractors)
- Report on talent acquisition metrics to the management team on a monthly basis.
- Ensure compliance to all applicable federal, state, and local laws governing sourcing and selection processes.
Who You Are…
- Bachelor’s degree in H.R, Administration or related discipline.
- 7+ years of relevant experience designing and implementing Talent Acquisition programs; 3+ years managerial experience required.
- Motivated by a fast-moving, dynamic, team-focused environment and enjoy leveraging your
exceptional communication abilities to influence at all levels of the organization.
- Critical thinker with experience designing and implementing a long-term Talent Acquisition strategy that aligns with the company’s business goals and drives values-based behaviors.
- Thrives in a culture of accountability, direct communication and creative problem solving.
- Demonstrates high social/emotional intelligence, diplomacy, outstanding judgment, ability to exercise discretion, maintain confidentiality, and assess risk relative to the business.
- Truly enjoys mentoring and developing talent and cultivating strong relationships with all personalities.
- Intrigued by the unique qualities of people and has a gift for figuring out how people are motivated differently and can work together productively.
- Effortless communicator with engaging presentation style.
- Experience establishing relationships as a trusted advisor with the highest degree of integrity; exercises confidentiality and good judgment in complex and sensitive situations.
- Flexible leadership style with equal ability to operate at a highly strategic level and perform tactical responsibilities with strong attention to detail and ability to manage competing priorities.
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills; ability to translate data and trends into actionable recommendations.
- Demonstrated success in gaining Employer of Choice recognition and understands the importance of creating a strong Employer Brand.