This role is Office Hybrid and will be based out of our Louisville, KY office.
What the Role Is
The End User Technologies Engineer will provide technical expertise and engineered solutions for the Windows/Mac desktop endpoint environment and ensure an easy operation and performance experience for all of our end users while meeting IT requirements. Major responsibilities include desktop architecture, standards, design, imaging, build, management, and support of the desktop infrastructure. The Engineer will work extensively with the End User Experience team, Technology Infrastructure and Operations team, and IT Security team. This role serves as an escalation point for the day-to-day end-user technology level 2+ issues.
The End User Technologies Engineer will be the company’s primary business software subject matter expert, providing guidance, support, and training for a wide variety of end-user productivity and business software solutions.
How You Will Spend Your Time?
- Act as subject matter expert for the planning, implementation, and support of Office 365 and Hybrid-Office 365 implementations, Active Directory Synchronization, or Active Directory Federation Services (ADFS).
- Work with the IT Security team to proactively secure Microsoft 365 enterprise and hybrid environments, and implement and manage security and compliance solutions. Maintain a highly secure system through proper configuration and regular system monitoring.
- Manage Exchange Online including delegation rights, distribution lists, content searches, and support eDiscovery activities.
- Champion the adoption of Office 365 services
- Support the IT Security team on Cyber-security threats against email messaging such as business email compromise, spear phishing, and account takeover.
- Research and recommend new solutions, business software, and applications to enhance staff productivity and improve end-user experience.
- Plan and implement the deployment of new software outside the Office 365 realm.
- Draw on professional experience and expertise to determine best practices, make recommendations to improve current business practices, and participate in efforts to make changes in business practices.
- Implement and manage Intune for Windows and mobile device management, application deployment and management, and security policies.
- Manage and optimize the integration of MacOS and Android devices within Heaven Hill’s technology ecosystem.
- Manage Microsoft Teams, ensuring smooth communication and collaboration across the organization, including Teams meetings and Teams Room technologies.
- Stay up to date with industry standards and best practices for end-user technologies and experiences.
- Provide End-User technical assistance for questions and problems, and provide training as necessary
- Ensure that policies, standards, standard operating procedures, and how-to documents are developed. Ensure endpoints follow standard security guidelines and safeguards.
- Plan and manage End of Life technology refresh programs for end-user hardware and software.
- Drive continuous improvement of the end user technology environment, establishing new benchmarks and improved SLAs along the way.
- Provide technical direction and oversight to vendors providing end-user-related services for Heaven Hill IT.
- Resolve incidents and service requests within established SLAs.
- Participate in after-hours/on-call support and perform other duties as assigned.
Technical responsibilities include but are not limited to the following:
- Windows OS, In-Place Upgrades, Macintosh OS
- Apple iOS, Android
- End-user networking (VPN, WiFi, etc)
- Scripting for desktop and management tools
- Active Directory and Azure/Intune desktop policies and operation
- Patching, end-user device security and monitoring agents, security remediation, application deployments
- Secure communications (VPN) and storage (full-disk encryption)
- Network printing
- Desktop virtualization
- End-user license management
- Endpoint management software including Intune, Autopilot, Azure, JAMF, SCCM, etc.
- Virtual and remote desktops
Who You Are…
- Minimum 3 years relevant experience required; Bachelor’s Degree preferred.
- Advanced knowledge of Microsoft Windows 10, Mac OS, Intune, Autopilot, SCCM/MECM, JAMF, and other endpoint management solutions.
- Advanced knowledge of Microsoft Office products (O365, Office 2016, Outlook, Exchange, and OWA).
- Advanced knowledge of Apple OSX and iOS operating systems and platforms and enterprise management tools for Apple technology (e.g., JAMF).
- Ability to monitor and report on statuses of endpoints utilizing SCCM/MECM & Intune.
- Ability to work independently with minimal supervision as well as in a team environment.
- Ability to Establish standards and procedures for best practices, enabling commitments to established SLAs.
- Ability to research and test new technologies and processes and define new standards.
- Understanding of various Desktop Management Systems such as anti-virus software, patch management, full disk encryption, SSO/Tap-Badge software, and software delivery.
- Ability to prioritize, organize, and execute work assignments.
- Ability to communicate the status of various systems to management, leadership, and/or support personnel.
- Ability to skillfully react to a fluid and constantly changing work environment.
- Strong technical abilities with excellent verbal/written communication and interpersonal skills.
- Advanced knowledge of user productivity cloud computing (Azure, Intune, Autopilot, DaaS, Box, OneDrive).
- Advanced knowledge of VPN remote software and RDP setup.
- Understand ITIL structure for ticket tracking.
Preferred Skills and Experience:
- Understanding of Networking protocols and standards: DNS, DHCP, WINS, TCP/IP, etc.
- Understanding of Networking and Active Directory.
- Understanding of Microsoft user licensing and license management portal
- Demonstrate ability to develop creative solutions to complex problems.
- Advanced knowledge of service desk ticketing systems.
- Understanding of virtualization technologies (e.g., Citrix XenApp, XenDesktop, VMWare, Azure Virtual Desktop, Windows 365, Amazon Workspaces).
- Advanced knowledge of IT Security applications.
While performing duties of the job, the employee is occasionally required to stand; walk; use hands and fingers to handle or feel objects, use of computer; and reach with hands and arms. Employee may occasionally lift and/or move up to 20 pounds.
- Paid Vacation
- 11 Paid Holidays
- Health, Dental & Vision eligibility from day one
- 401K match
- Maternity/Paternity Leave
Heaven Hill and its affiliates are committed to
fostering a diverse workforce as an Equal Employment Opportunity company. We
invite applications from candidates of all backgrounds, without regard to race,
religion, color, sex, sexual orientation, natural origin, gender identity or
expression, age, disability, veteran status or any other legally protected